I service Penrith NSW and surrounds up to a half an hours travel. I very rarely run late – to help me keep on schedule, please have all your horses caught with their legs dried/cleaned of mud and hooves picked before your appointment time.
I work in almost all weather. Hot days I work in heat up to 35 degrees. I work in the rain (even if you don’t have shelter) as long as it is not too heavy, storming or too windy.
I find that for best results, a 3-5 week trimming cycle is ideal. It varies from horse to horse and a short cycle ensures hoof balance is not compromised and that your horse is kept as sound as possible.
I take cash or card payments. Please have correct change if at all possible.
- Set up trim – $60
- Maintenance trim – $50 (if within 6 weeks of previous trim by me)
- Trims include thrush treatment and mild seedy toe resection if necessary
- If extensive seedy toe resection is required an extra $10 fee applies due to the extra time that I will need to take
- Shoe removal – $5 per pair of shoes removed. e.g. a set up trim for a horse shod all around would be $70 for the trim/consult and shoe removal
Owner Trimmer Support
- $80 per hour. Includes a full trim of all four feet
Nail on Composite Shoes (Easyshoe, Epona etc)
- $120 per pair of shoes
- Resets $70
- Please let me know well in advance that you need composite shoes. I may or may not have the size required in stock and might have to order them in.
Glue on Composite Shoes
- $200 per pair of shoes (includes the shoes and glue, DIM extra).
- Please note the following requirements for glue on shoes:
- Please let me know well in advance that you want to do glue ons. I may not have all sizes of shoes in stock and may need to order them in
- I need access to a firm dry concrete surface and electrical mains
- The horse needs to be able to stand still with her hoof picked up for 5 minutes or more for the glue to set
- Glue shoes take time to apply. Please allow an hour and a half at least for a full uncomplicated trim and one pair of shoes to be applied. It may not, however, take this long
Hoof Boot Consult
- $10 per pair of feet measured. This should only be done after a fresh trim and includes measurement and boot recommendations. Fee is taken off the cost of the boot if you purchase the boots through me.